Welcome to the East Carolina University Distance Education Proctoring Center. The Center is housed within Emerging Academic Initiatives. It offers test proctoring services to students enrolled in distance education classes at East Carolina University, and other universities within the University of North Carolina system. The ECU DE Proctoring Center is a state of the art facility that ensures integrity in the proctoring and examination processes.
The ECU DE Proctoring Center is an approved site in the UNC Online Proctoring Network. This site serves students enrolled in distance education courses that require proctored exams. If your professor is currently using this system, you must submit your appointment information through the UNC Academic Services Portal; otherwise, we will not have access to your exam materials. If your professor is using this system, you must schedule all exam appointments with the ECU DE Proctoring Center through the system (not via phone). It is your responsibility to check with your professor to find out if they are implementing this automated proctoring system.
Information about the UNC Online Proctoring Network is available at http://online.northcarolina.edu.
The ECU DE Proctoring Center is located at Arlington Crossing, 1914 W Arlington Blvd, in Greenville, North Carolina (beside the K&W Cafeteria). Parking is FREE. Ten overflow parking spaces are available in the parking lot behind the building marked Office of Academic Affairs Special Programs. Access front entrance through the breezeway beside Andy’s.
How to Get Here?
Currently ECU Transit does not provide a bus route in this area but ample parking is provided for the commuter population. Greenville Area Transit (GREAT) service is provided by the City of Greenville over a much broader area than ECU Transit. Greenville GREAT city transit discount passes can be purchased for half-price at the Central Ticket Office in the Mendenhall Student Center with a valid ECU 1 Card. You can catch 304 Campus Shuttle to the GREAT (Route 2) transit hub downtown (corner of 4th and Reade Streets in front of student parking lot), and be dropped off particularly in front of our door! The bus arrives approximately10 minutes before each hour. Visit the GREAT web site at Greenville Area Transit (GREAT) or call 252-329-4532 for more information.
Proctoring services provided by the ECU DE Proctoring Center are free of charge.
Essential points for students who are taking proctored examinations:
- You must sign in at least 15 minutes before your scheduled examination time
- You must present a government issued photo ID at the time of examination
- You will be required to sign a statement acknowledging that you are being electronically and physically observed as you take the examination
- You will be allowed only the time specified by the course instructor to complete the examination; you are responsible for keeping track of this time
- Bring any resources required by the instructor for use during the examination
- No personal items are allowed in the proctoring area
- Cell phones and other personal information devices are prohibited in the proctoring area